PowerSchool & SchoolMessenger
PowerSchool securely maintains student information, contact information and academic records. It is used daily by administrators, administrative assistants and teachers. Please refer to the information below for parents and guardians on the PowerSchool Portal, PowerSchool app, and SchoolMessenger usage in Prince Edward Island.
Questions about access should be directed to the administration at your child’s school. At this time, only parents and students in grades 7-12 will have access to the parent portal. All parents & guardians can access the SchoolMessenger app to help manage their communication preferences.
- SchoolMessenger is used to deliver voice calls, texts, and emails from schools and the branch office to parents & guardians.
- Parents and Staff that have shared their mobile number with the school can easily opt-in to receive text messages by texting “Y” (or “Yes”) to our Short Code number 978338 (Canadian-based numbers) or 61569 (US-based numbers).
- Our intent is to use text messages to communicate during emergency situations as well as specific school closures or early dismissals. Please note that we do not use this method to inform the community of general weather-related delays or closures.
- Parents & guardians can signup using the email provided to the school, manage communication preferences, and view all school and branch office messages via the SchoolMessenger app. Download links are available at https://go.schoolmessenger.ca/
- The SchoolMessenger account is separate from the PowerSchool Portal and app account.
PowerSchool Portal Link
Portal Usernames and Passwords
- You should use the portal at pei.powerschool.com to reset your password. Password resets may be more difficult from a phone or the app.
- Your usernames for the portal and app is the email address you provided to the school.
- Schools cannot reset passwords for parents. You can reset your password at any time by visiting pei.powerschool.com and clicking the Forgot Username or Password? link.
- You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You may need to check your spam folder.
Student Usernames and Passwords
- Student usernames and passwords are the same as the Google login credentials.
- The portal username is the portion of your email address before @cloud.edu.pe.ca.
- Students cannot use the forgot password link.
- If you are having trouble with your login, please ask a teacher or contact the school office.
Grades and Attendance
- The grades and attendance page at pei.powerschool.com is the default page for the portal.
- Click the [i] link or grade below the columns marked (I1, Q1, S1) once your school has turned on access to Assignments and Scores.
- You may also see a current grade once your school has enabled the setting.
- In addition to the assignment name and mark, there is also a small icon which will indicate any outcomes tied to the assignment.
- The Exp is known as the expression which is the period(s) and day(s) when that course meets or in other words, the student’s schedule for that section. 1(A,C) means that the course meets in period 1 on day 1 and 3. You might also see these period/day indicators displayed in other places such as emails.
Understanding Grade Codes
The column headers of E1, E2, E3, I1, I2, I3, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, S1, S2 are the timeframes for the school year.
Elementary Level - Grades K-6
E1: Cumulative progress mark from September to late Fall for K-6 classes
E2: Cumulative progress mark from September to Spring for K-6 classes
E3: Cumulative final mark from September to end of year for K-6 classes
Intermediate Level - Grades 7-9
I1: Cumulative progress mark from September to late Fall for 7-9 classes
I2: Cumulative progress mark from September to Spring for 7-9 classes
I3: Cumulative final mark from September to end of year for 7-9 classes, or third report for select 7-9 schools
I4: Cumulative final mark for select 7-9 schools that report 4 times per year.
Senior High - Grades 10-12
Q1: Cumulative progress mark from September to November for semestered and all year high school courses
Q2: Cumulative progress mark from September to February for all year High School Courses
Q3: Cumulative progress mark from September to April for all year courses and from February to mid April for semestered high school courses
Q4: Cumulative progress mark from September to June for all year high school courses
S1: Cumulative final mark for Semester 1 - September to February
S2: Cumulative final mark for Semester 2 - February to June
Accessing Information via PowerSchool app
- In addition to accessing the portal, parents can use the PowerSchool app available for iOS and Android.
- Parents login username is the parent email address and the password is the same as what you use to login to pei.powerschool.com
- Notifications can also be enabled so that you are alerted when new information such as an absence is entered by the school. Once logged into the app, select More > Account > Notifications.
- When you first use the PowerSchool app, you will need to enter the following district code: CTZP
Interpreting Period Information
In some places in the portal, email notifications, and app, you may see codes like 1(A,C). The portion in front of the parentheses indicates the period and within parentheses is the day(s). In this example, the course meets in period 1 on days 1 and 3.
Portal is Off
Sometimes schools turn the portal and app off. The portal may also be temporarily configured to not show grades during reporting periods and scheduling setups. If you have a concern, please discuss it with your child's teacher or the school office.